Main Article Content
Introduction: Low serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D levels in premenopausal women result in the impaired release of insulin from the pancreas and reduce glucose tolerance which causes the body's metabolism to slow down resulting in weight gain leading to insulin resistance and resulting in diabetes mellitus (DM). The incidence of DM occurs at premenopausal ages compared to productive ages, the percentage of women experiencing diabetes is higher than men. This study aims to determine the relationship between 25-Hydroxyvitamin D serum levels and fasting blood glucose (FBG) levels of premenopausal women in Padang. Method: This study was conducted in the city of Padang, is observational, cross-sectional design. The study sample was 62 premenopausal women. Measurement of serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D levels was measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and FBG levels were measured by the GOD-PAP method. Data were analyzed using the Pearson correlation test. Results: The average serum level of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D respondents was 30.96 ± 10.96 ng/ml. The average FBG level of respondents was 107.03 ± 13.74 mg/dl. There was no significant relationship between 25-Hydroxyvitamin D serum levels and FBG levels (r = - 0.038, p = 0.769). Conclusion: There is no significant relationship between 25-Hydroxyvitamin D serum levels and FBG levels of premenopausal women in Padang.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
2. Padang dalam Angka (2017) Badan Pusat Statistik Kota Padang.
3. Ratnadita SK (2016) Usia Monopouse dan Kejadian Diabetes Melitus. 27-30.
4. Lobo RA, et al (2016) The Monopouse Transition or Perimonopouse is Associated with Profound Reproductive and Hormonal Changes. NCBI.
5. International Diabetes Federation (IDF) (2013) Diabetes Atlas 5 th Edition.
6. Perkeni (2017) Diagnosis dan Penatalaksanaan Diabetes Melitus.
7. Riskesdas (2018) Riset Kesehatan Dasar Republik Indonesia. Jakarta: Kementrian Kesehatan RI.
8. Alvarez AA (2010) Role of Vitamin D in Insuline Secretion and Insulin Sensitivity for Glucose Homeostatis. Int J Endocrinol. 1-18.
9. Mitri JMM (2011) Vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes A Systematic Review. Eur J Clin Nutr. 1005-1015.
10. Pittas A (2006) Vitamin D and Calcium Intake in Relation to Type 2 Diabetes in Woman. Diabetes care. 650-656.
11. Rochmah NEP (2017) Hubungan Asupan Vitamin D dan Kalsium Dengan Kadar Gukosa Darah Puasa Wanita Obesitas Usia 45-55 Tahun. Journal of Nutrition College. 285-292.
12. Delamater L & Santoro N (2018) Management of the perimenopause. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13. Weber MT, Rubin LH & Maki PM (2013) Cognition in perimenopause: The effect of transition stage. Menopause. 20(5).
14. Health Ministry Republic of Indonesia, 2019.
15. Keller C, et al (2010) Perimenopausal Obesity. Journal of Women's Health. 19(5):987-996
16. Fondjo LA, et al (2018) Evaluating Vitamin D Status in Pre- and Postmenopausal Type 2 Diabetics and Its Association with Glucose Homeostasis. BioMed Research International. 1-12.
17. Sri NJ (2019) Hubungan asupan vitamin d dan kadar 25-hidroksi vitamin d serum dengan panjang telomer wanita premenopause etnik Minangkabau di Kota Padang. Universitas Andalas.
18. Sari DK, Alrasyid H, Lipoeto NL, dan Zulkifli L (2014) Occurence of Vitamin D Deficiency among Women In North Sumatera, Indonesia. Mal J Nutr.
19. Oemardi M, et al (2007) The Effect of Menopause on Bone Mineral Density and Bone-Related Biochemical Variables in Indonesian Women. Clinical
20. Nimitphong, et al (2013) The association of vitamin D status and fasting glucose according to body fat mass in young healthy thais. BMC Endocrine Disorders, Volume 2013;13.
21. Valladares T, Cadoso M & Aldrigki J (2019) Higher serum levels of vitamin D are associted with lower blood glucose levels. Menopause: The journal of North American Menopause Society.
22. Jukic AMZ, Steiner AZ & Baird DD (2015) Association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and ovarian reserve in premenopausal women. Menopause: The Journal of The North American Menopause Society. 22(3):312-316.
23. Brunner & Suddarth (2017) Keperawatan Medikal Bedah. Jakarta, EGC.
24. Tandra H (2016) Diabetes Makan Apa?. Yogyakarta, Andi.
25. Fox C & Kilvert A (2010) Bersahabat dengan Diabetes Tipe 2. Depok, Penebar Plus.
26. Mcgill AT, Stewart JM, Lithander FE, Strik CM, Poppitt SD (2008) Relationships of low serum vitamin D3 with anthropometry and markers of the metabolic syndrome and diabetes in overweight and obesity. Nutr J. 28(7):4.
27. Drincic A, Armas L, Van Diest E, Heaney R (2012) Volumetric Dilution, Rather Than Sequestration Best Explains the Low Vitamin D Status of Obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 20(7):1444-8.
28. Azlin A (2018) Perbedaan Kadar serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D pada Pasien Diabetes Mellitus (DM) Tipe 2 Terkontrol dan Tidak Terkontrol. Medan, Universitas Sumatera Utara.
29. Petridis E (2019) Vitamin D could lower the risk of developing diabetes: Study demonstrate role of vitamin D in controlling glycemia. The North American Menopause Journal Society.
30. Lu L. et al (2009) Plasma 25-hydrroxyvitamin D concentration and metabolic syndrome among middle-aged amd elderly Chinese individualizing. Diabetes care. 32(7):1278-1283.
31. Alkhatatneh M & Abdul-Razak K (2018) Association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D, hemoglobin A1c and fasting blood glucose levels in adults with diabetes mellitus. Biomedical Reports. 9:523-530.
32. Park S, Kim D & Kang S (2016) Vitamin D deficiency impais glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and increases insulin resistance by reducing PPAR-γ expression in nonobese type 2 diabetic rats. J Nutr Biochem. 27:257-265.
33. Lee C, Young K, Norris J, et al (2017) Association od directly measured plasma free 25(OH)D with insulin sensitivity and secretion : The IRAS family study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 102:2781-2788.
34. Sintian H, et al (2018) Effect of vitamin D supplementation on fasting plasma glucose, insulin resistance dan prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitus in non-diabetes : A systemic review and meta-analisis. Biomedical Reports. 475-484.
35. AlSheikh M, & Almubayadh S (2019) Effect of vitamin D supplementation on insulin, fasting blood glucose, and waist-hip ration in young females with preexisting vitamin D deficiency. The Indonesian Biomedical Journal. 11(1):42-47.
36. Moy F & Bulgiba A (2011) High prevalence of vitamin D in sufficiency and its association with obesity and metabolic syndrome among Malay adults in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. BMC Public Health. 11:735.